Friday, February 6, 2004

Never Met The Man

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=2085425

Editor & Publisher magazine named Edward Sears as Editor of the Year for the Palm Beach Post. The Post rocks. It is a great paper and I was proud to work there. I have no idea about Sears as an editor. Why? Because in two years working at the Post (2000-2002) I never met the man. Never. Met. The. Man.

He has an office on a different floor from the newsroom. The other editors go upstairs to meet with him. I think I saw him in the newsroom once. Never had a conversation with the guy and I don't think he would have known me if he tripped on me. I can list at least a dozen other former and current Post reporters who also never met Sears.

The Post deserves to be recognized. But Sears? Beats me.

No comments: