Friday, March 25, 2005

Warning! I will be cranky for the next month

Attention friends, family and fans: I will be cranky for the next month or so.

By April 1, I have to write an academic paper. I hate academic papers. I have not written one since graduate school five years ago. But I have to in order to keep my job. Am not happy. Am cranky. Have to work all weekend. Meanwhile I have a cold, nose is stuffy, throat hurts and am out of tissues.

By April 15, I have to write a book proposal. This is a good thing. It will be for a non-fiction, slim kinda book of of tips about my field. But I have never written a book proposal before. What fun.

By April 28, I have to write another academic paper. I haven't even figured this one out yet.

By April 30, I have to submit my 3rd year tenure packet. This is the one that makes or breaks me. If I screw this one up, I can expect to be tortured at work - or looking for another job - within the next year. Again, cranky. You get the point.

You have been warned.

No comments: