Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Indigo Girls at the Scottish Rite Auditorium in Collingswood, NJ

I still have a cold, bleh, and was froggy last night so I could not sing along as much as I wanted. Sniff!

The concert was held in the Scottish Rite Auditorium in Collingswood. You know, the Masons. The place had wonderful acoustics but a little weird inside. I saw "National Treasure" and all, but what the heck are the Masons all about? And my aisle smelt of lemon Pledge. Also, the entire police department of Collingswood seemed to be there. I suppose they were afraid of all those peace-loving lesbians. I went with a friend who is bisexual, so that made my presence okay. Although Mary Kate is marrying a man, which upsets the lesbians in general. Hmm.

Anyway, it was still a great show. Not the BEST Indigo Girls concert I have been to, I must say. But a very good one. For me, they did not do enough of their older stuff, like from Rites of Passage or Swamp Ophelia. They primarily focused on the new album, which I like, and Become You, which I don't own. Augh. Amy also did a coupla of her new solo stuff.

They did NOT do "Cordova." Wahhhhhh!!

They did Galileo, the "drunk and mean at the Dairy Queen" song, Closer to Fine, the "even my sweat smells clean" song, all the songs involving water off the new album (as you can tell, I remember lyrics more than song names). Their opening band was named GirlyMan and they accompanied the IGs on many songs.

Many of the lesbians were shrieking, "Amy! I love you!" at the beginning of the concert.
To which she replied, "I don't know what to say."

Later on, another fan yelled, "Emily, I want to have your babies! Let's procreate together!"
To which Emily just mostly appeared confounded.

Three fans in front of me kept trying to do the wave. By themselves. All night. If I had better aim, I would have bonked them on their mullet-styled heads.

After the show, we headed past the tour bus. I ran up to see if I could chat with the IGs like I did two years ago. Alas, they were already on the bus. But one woman clutched a concert ticket that Amy had signed. The fan, who was middle aged, looked awestruck.

"Amy signed my ticket," the fan said, "because she is love."

No comments: