Thursday, January 15, 2004

New Year's Eve. Part 2

(continued from Part 1
My favorite outfit of the evening was the 18-year-old dressed in a pink slip with black lace-up heels. Now perhaps the slip was a dress but to me, it looked like the poor girl just lost the rest of her outfit. SlipGirl got REALLY drunk towards the end of the evening and had to, of course, sit down. So we all got to see her underpants. I was just glad she was WEARING underpants. Later, her friends put her on a bench and she looked as if she might hurl. Like a cat with a hairball.

At 11 p.m., Natural got on stage to perform. I stood in front to take pictures while Michael was setting up his keyboards. I stood there and found myself in the front row, then, when the band started playing. I got to make faces at Michael while he played and took lots of pictures. I kept giggling because the whole thing was so silly. I was standing next to Michael's mother, who kept waving, and fans who kept taking videos.

 At midnight, the set was over and I got free champagne and kissed Michael on the cheek, after peeling off a 15-year-old female fan who was hanging on his arm.
I stayed until 1 a.m., talking with various people and finally with Michael, who got really drunk. And then I left. A good time was had by all. Except, perhaps, SlipGirl.

No comments: