Saturday, January 8, 2005

The sadness of Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt

Let me just express my deep and sincere sadness over the unraveling of the marriage of Jennifer and Brad. If these two crazy kids can't make it work, then who among us can??? This questions disturbs me. Deeply.

It was with shock, sorrow and sadness that I read this news on the front page of the NY Daily News http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/269248p-230616c.html this morning as I ate an egg/bacon bagel in Manhattan. It is a wonder I was able to pull it together and drive home to New Jersey!!!!!

But I found kindred souls in the Molly Pitcher Rest Stop along the New Jersey Turnpike. There, in front of a television tuned to Headline News, stood a crowd of people, riveted to the screen.

Was it tsunami coverage? A new terror threat that had captured their attention? No, it was the news about Jen and Brad. Their marital woes have touched us all, AS A NATION.

Then most of the people turned away and stood in line for a Cinnabon. We are resilient. We go on.

No comments: