Friday, March 10, 2006

Hello from London!

I am writing this in the business center of the hotel. Hopefully I will get done before my money runs out on this terminal. Eight minutes left! Must. Type. Faster!
British Airways is my new favorite airline. We had little TV screens on the seat backs in front of us and "Good Night and Good Luck" was playing! And "Pride and Prejudice." But I fell asleep during that one. The woman in front of me lowered her seat practically in my lap during the flight. I hate that.
It is chilly and rainy here in London but no different that this time of year in Philly. Our hotel is very nice - there is a "pillow menu" so I can select different kinds of firmness and feathers.
Am trying to save money so ate dinner at the KFC. Two completely different foreign tourists asked me questions about my meal (two piece with fries and corn on the cob). A man from Africa wanted to know exactly what comprised my meal. A student from Spain needed to know how to order corn on the cob. He ordered popcorn by mistake and they gave him popcorn chicken. I must have a look about me that says, "this woman knows her chicken. Ask her questions." Or they were trying to steal my purse. Whichever.

No comments: