Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Farewell Coca Cola C2!

As many of you know, we here at RandomReality are somewhat obsessed with C2 Cola. It was marketed as "half the calories of regular Coke" and we at RandomReality found it to be yummy. The doctor told RandomReality to cut back on sugar so a switch was made from regular Coke (nectar from the gods) to Diet Coke. But this was bad. Not appealing. Not fulfilling.

Then Coca Cola C2 came along and bewitched RandomReality with its flavor - kinda diet but with enough of a hint of sugar to make it worthwhile. For a time, C2 was in steady supply. RandomReality and her friend Lisa L. drank C2 with enjoyment.

Then it got harder to find, and therefore, more precious. Much like diamonds. (Come to think of it, RandomReality doesn't have any of those either. Someone donate a diamond to me.)

As with all things in love and obsession, the harder it was to find C2, the more I craved it. I still had  my suppliers - namely the Wawas in Philadelphia and occasionally the ShopRite in South Jersey.

But all is for naught. All hope is lost. C2 is nowhere to be found. The Coke people want me to drink Coke Zero or Diet Coke with lime. BLEH. No.

There are two cans of C2 cola remaining in RandomReality's fridge, sitting there for a rainy day, special occasion or the next time we get thirsty. It will be a sad, sad day when the C2 is finally gone. But I don't think I shall save those cans, for unlike wine, I don't think C2 gets better with age.

No comments: