Monday, March 19, 2012

An Open Letter

To Rutgers-Camden I wrote this essay for WHYY/Newsworks a few weeks ago about the proposed merger between Rutgers-Camden and Rowan Universities. The Newsworks editor already had an essay from a Rutgers-Camden prof. He needed one from a Rowan prof and asked a fellow journalist friend if she knew anyone to write it. I volunteered to do so.

Boy, was that a mistake!

I learned two things: The faculty at Rutgers-Camden are too angry to appreciate my sense of humor and they don't appreciate the word "cooties." Oh and a couple of the faculty are jerks. That is the third thing.

Well, you can read all that in the comments below the essay. However, I like the essay and am proud of it. I meant everything I said and I was a lone Rowan voice in all this anti-merger furor. There was a legislative hearing today about the merger. Maybe we will all know something soon.

No comments: